Welcome to my blog and thanks for stopping by. This is where I share some of the fun things I come up with in my craft room. I hope you enjoy your visit !

Thursday, August 22, 2013

I needed a couple of birthday cards this week and then decided to send a get well card to a lady who recently had surgery so off to my craft room I went.

The owl on this card was cut from a Cricut cartridge using Tim Holtz Coordinations paper and then lightly sanded. The background was stamped with little owls and then dry embossed with a chicken wire embossing folder and a bit of raffia was tied on to finish the sort of masculine look. I used rubber stamps on the inside to finish it off.


 I think my favorite card of the ones I have made for my dad over the years is the Fathers Day card that I used in a previous blog post but I do like this one too. I used my Cricut again to cut out the elements and letters and did some layering to make a somewhat unique/different style of card for my Dad's 84th birthday yesterday. He's so hard to shop for !  His gift was a USB hub for his computers along with a variety of edible treats since he has everything he wants already.

The Get Well card has a feminine touch since it is for a lady. I used a Martha Stewart punch around the page set with a Hot Off The Press Dazzle dragonfly in the center. The inside is a trimmed down paper from a 6 x 6 paper pad with a rubber stamped Anna Griffin sentiment. I really love how this card turned out. Hope it will add a little cheer to the day of the recipient and let her know that we're thinking of her and wishing her well !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog ! Your comments inspire me.