Welcome to my blog and thanks for stopping by. This is where I share some of the fun things I come up with in my craft room. I hope you enjoy your visit !

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Few of My Scrapbook Pages

 This subject of this page is my brother. He died in November of 2008 and there's not a day that goes by that I don't miss him terribly. I love looking at this page that I made as a tribute to him, showing him at various stages of his life. He was a terrific brother !
 Thest two pages look very different but all of the pictures are actually of the same tree taken at different times of the year. It's my favorite tree, a Washington Hawthorne.  We planted it shortly after we bought the land we live on.
 I have always loved this photo of two of my grandsons, taken several years ago, and couldn't resist adding it to one of my scrapbooks.
There is a little glare on this picture but this very simple page is about my home state of NC.    I have lived other places and enjoyed what those states had to offer  but for me there's no place quite like home.  The bullet list in the bottom corner tells a variety of facts about the state, things that most people wouldn't know. It was typed up on my computer and printed in blue ink on vellum.  The die cuts were purchased at a local scrapbook store and all are related to things that people like to do while in NC or in the case of the title, what NC is known for, the first airplane flight by the Wright Brothers.

4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous layouts, LeeAnn!! The page for your brother is a beautiful tribute and the picture of your grandsons is so sweet!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute for your brother! Loving the idea of photos of the same tree in different seasons and your lil grand babies are adorable! Thank you so much for hopping with us this weekend! Happy to be a new follower!

    Hugs
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layouts are all beautiful :D Thanks so much for stopping by my blog for the "Well OWL Be" Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for entering my giveaway!! I appreciate it!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog ! Your comments inspire me.