Welcome to my blog and thanks for stopping by. This is where I share some of the fun things I come up with in my craft room. I hope you enjoy your visit !

Sunday, May 27, 2012

As The Thoughts Flow..........

I started out with the general idea of playing around with patterned papers again to try combining them in a way that "works".  Then I found myself digging through my scrap die cuts and thought it would be fun to use some of the ones from Kate's Kitchen on some cards. Deciding I needed some sentiments I started flipping through my stamp notebook. A little while later I had several cards in front of me.......this is what I came up with.

 All You Really Need Is Love and Alot of Paper is from KAndrews  Crafty Friends stamp set. The rest of this card is simply scraps and a little home made punched flower.
 Besties is also from the same K Andrews Crafty Friends stamp set in addition to scrap paper and my Cricut Imagine Kate's Kitchen cartridge.

 This card was made with scraps, extra die cuts from Kate's Kitchen, and the words Ready ...Set   were stamped from  Crafty Friends as well.  Chomp Chomp came from a Studio G set.
 This super simple card is a yummy looking die cut bowl of cookie dough from Kate's Kitchen and the stamp, Simply Fabulous !, came from K Andrews Fashionable Friends stamp set. The mat  was cut with my Cricut and if I remember correctly, the Elegant Edges cartridge.
 Happy Birthday was from my patterned paper "experiment" and the Happy Birthday die cut was cut with my Cricut. That die cut is embellished a little with a white Viva Decor pearl pen, recommended by Megan Elizabeth of Above Rubies Studio. I have several of those in different colors and I love them !
My final card of the day was made with all scaps and I'm actually not quite sure what I'll do with it yet, but I love that paper and I have several grandchildren whose first names start with the letter E so I'm sure I'll have no problems coming up with a use for it.

I had actually planned to do some scrapbooking today and never quite got to that because I decided instead to just go with the flow and follow along wherever my thoughts  led me. That's ok, though. Tomorrow is another day and from today's  efforts I have several more cards to add to my stash of cards that will be set aside and ready when I need them .

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are very adorable. I haven't played in the craft room yet - maybe I should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are SWEEEEET! I'm really glad to see the one with the Elegant Edges cut, I've past that cut up a few times but seeing it here it don't look to bad and may have to use it soon. TFS and thanks for having my blog in your blog list. Cool to look over while I was writing and thought to myself I've seen that card and realized why, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy!! All of your cards are just fabulous, LeeAnn!! The toaster is sooo cute!! Great work on all of them!! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog ! Your comments inspire me.