Welcome to my blog and thanks for stopping by. This is where I share some of the fun things I come up with in my craft room. I hope you enjoy your visit !

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cricut Vinyl Project

 My original intention was to  cut vinyl with my Cricut to use for a stencil and do some glass etching on these mason  jars. Once I cut the vinyl I decided I'd rather use the vinyl for this particular project.  I think the black  vinyl really dresses up the jars, especially since they are going into a dark metal jar holder.
 I think it looks nice and it's hard to believe how little it acutally cost me, esp. since the metal holder was on clearance a while back at Walmart...kind of funny since Walmart now carries them in their regular stock for far more than I paid for them. I bought several along with a case of jars intending to use them for craft embellishment storage. I still have two sets for that even after using this one for a gift.   After seeing how this set turned out I think I might decorate mine as well.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know the Cricut cut vinyl. I was looking at the Silhouette SD for a while, mostly to do just that. No money in the budget, though. I love what you did with the jars. I, too, purchased some of those black jar holders, and just today, I assembled the "gifts in a jar" to go in them, our gifts for Phil's mom, and my parents. I have an additional jar holder for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really cute! I havent tried vinyl yet with my Cricut but I am sure I will at some point. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Becca

    scrappinbeccascraftroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! What a great gift idea! I have a stack of vinyl I haven't used yet...you have inspired me to pull it out and get cutting!! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and that you have a very happy new year!!

    Lisa :)
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog ! Your comments inspire me.